Assistant Operations Manager
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES :
(Overview of job responsibilities)
The Operations Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Director of Operations, this manager will be responsible for supervising the receiving, sorting, picking and shipping of product in a timely manner. This position requires the exercise of independent judgment and discretion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
(Detailed list of duties)
- Directing the operational aspects of the facility supervising approximately 100 Teammates
- Planning, monitoring and managing actual performance against operational portions of the budget; this includes, but is not limited to, proper management of departmental staffing levels, overtime and overall operational headcount
- Assuring the attainment of facility production, quality and safety objectives
- Verifying the accuracy of required production and inventory reports
- Coordinating and conforming with the operational aspects of auditing regularly to ensure full compliance
- Knowing and evaluating operational productivity goals, monitor daily and ensure goals are achieved on all shifts
- Leading operational initiatives to ensure inventory accuracy goals are met
- Ensuring shipment and loading accuracy
- Providing assistance to the Director of Operations on special projects as required
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers.
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances.
- Confer with other managers in the distribution center to ensure coordination of other warehouse activities.
- Ensure correct shipment of international orders and hazardous material orders.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and provide continual feedback on both positive and negative performance.
- Demonstrate an attitude of support and foster participation in the environment of continuous improvement
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned
BEHAVIORAL ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail and problem—solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
Physical activity includes walking; standing, bending, squatting, reaching above shoulders and lifting up to 75 lbs. must be able to operate standard warehouse equipment (pallet jacks, forklifts, etc…).
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
Performs activities in a warehouse setting which may be affected by a non-climate controlled environment
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS , EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, notably Word, Excel, Outlook & Powerpoint
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least five (5) years of management/supervisory experience/ preferably in a large, high volume logistics environment
- SAP or similar inventory and financial software experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritize
- Strong background in the management of all logistics functions (inbound freight, both international and domestic, and inter-site freight) to insure on-time deliveries at the lowest cost
- Strong experience leveraging, utilizing and implementing warehouse management systems
- Strong background leveraging contemporary supply chain, logistics and continuous improvement tools / methodologies to drive customer fulfillment, quality, cost, inventory management and safety
- Solid project management skills, team facilitation skills and excellent communication skills