Shipping Supervisor (4PM-12:30AM)
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare Canada is a fast growing global manufacturer and distributor of durable medical equipment located in Vaughan, ON. As the Shi[[ing Supervisor, you will play a key role in providing your management and recieving experience to our team. You will have day to day contact with our operations manager and other members of the warehouse management. Through these activities you will gain unique experiences that foster career growth and development.
- Organize all activities & assign jobs accordingly for staff including health and safety training.
- Planning, Organizing and Controlling of Warehouse’ operations, particularly on the shipping shift
- Constantly plan out all warehouse resources and activities in relation to company objectives and set targets.
- Ensure that workplace’s health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock.
- Maintain housekeeping of warehouse and surrounding area.
- Implement cost reduction principles in all aspects of warehouse transactions and activities.
- Improvement & development of warehouse.
- Promote constant motivation among staff to strive for an efficient and effective warehouse administration.
- Enhance subordinates’ well being and capability through training.
- Running shift with safety and efficiency as priorities.
- Resolve blocked bins
- Manage Demo Stock inventory
- Maintenance and upkeep of Show Room inventory
- Resolve all locations with negative stock.
- Monitor cycle counts on a daily basis.
- Resolve all open & inventory discrepancies by monitoring virtual location.
- Handle all recounts
- Assist in the resolution of all inventory related issues such as short ships, over ships, creating bin and locations.
- Creating production orders with the US.
- Organization and neat work habits
- 2-5 years of supervisory/management experience
- Knowledge of SAP is a must
- Detail Oriented and accountable
- Ability to multi-task
- Above average skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be an analytical thinker and problem solver
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must have licenses in walkie, raymond reach, swing reach
- Must have CPR & FIRST AID
- WSIB Certification is an ASSET
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 4PM-12:30AM SHIFTS, HAVE FLEXIBLE AVAILABILITY
This is an afternoon/evening full time permanent role. Management experience is a must.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS: Must be detail oriented. Must be capable of handling multiple tasks. Requires excellent follow up and communication skills. Above average skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Needs product knowledge with regards to packaging of products. Must be analytical and be proficient with numbers. Must be proficient and accurate in the use of computer software programs and accessing information from the company computer system. Must be able to photocopy and fax. Must be able to interact diplomatically with people both in person and on the telephone. Must be able to use warehouse equipment such as pallet jack, reach truck, etc
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: B. A. degree preferred and experience required.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: OP, Swing Reach, Counter Balance, Walkie Licenses are assets
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Physical activity includes walking, standing, bending, squatting, reaching above shoulders and lifting up to 50 lbs. Must be able to drive various types of warehouse equipment or willing to be in house trained.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Performs activities in warehouse environment. May be subject to changes in temperature and exposure to dust. Care required due to heavy traffic in warehouse. Must be safety conscious and have CSA Certified Safety Shoes.
Salary will be based on experience.
Drive Medical Canada is an equal opportunity employer.