Drive Medical is one of the fastest growing global distributors of durable medical equipment. The Company markets and distributes its products to customers located throughout North America, Europe, Central America, South America, the Middle East and Asia.
Provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning, debt financing, and budget management functions. Ensure company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Manage and direct corporate reporting activities.
- Direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments.
- Work with and manage the Company’s outsourced IT resources to manage the Company’s hardware and software requirements.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies.
- Oversee daily operations of the finance department.
- Manage the preparation of the monthly and annual financial statements.
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with local, provincial, and federal tax and reporting requirements.
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop five year and ten year business plans for the company.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Oversee full cycle payroll, year end reconcilation, WSIB, EHT, QSST, QPIP etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff.
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff.
- Assist in other functions of HR as needed. Backup payroll functions as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Knowledge of federal and provincial financial regulations. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Degree in Finance or Accounting and five to ten years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Preferred Experience and Competencies
- 5-10 years of solid senior level accounting experience, demonstrating success in managing finances in midsize to large organization, preferably in a fast growing environment
- Proven ability to maximize relationships across the organization
- Strong understanding of workforce management Scheduling and Salesforce.com
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, WPM over 50
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Ability to create complex financial models in Excel and thorough understanding of advanced Excel macros, links, workbooks, formulas, etc.
- Must have 3-5 years of solid SAP experience
- HR experience is an asset
- Must have 3-5 years solid full cycle payroll experience
- Ability to travel, Must have a reliable vehicle and valid G2 Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline, Accounting, Business Management, Cost/Risk Analysis, Finance, Master’s Degree an Asset
Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met. Physical activity includes walking, standing, bending, squatting, reaching above shoulders and lifting up to 40lbs. Must be able to drive an automobile for short and long distances.
- Must be able to sit at a desk, speak on the phone and type for long periods of time.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Performs office activities in a lighted and ventilated area. Will work in a normally acceptable office environment, with no abnormal hazards or risks. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.