Port Washington, NY
Drive Medical is one of the fastest growing global distributors of durable medical equipment. The Company markets and distributes its products to customers located throughout North America, Europe, Central America, South America, the Middle East and Asia.
This position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources (i.e.: Nielsen or other syndicated consumer data). The Demand Planner will ensure we continue to provide effortless experience to our customers in a culture of fun, a place where employees and management exist to enhance the quality of life of the people we touch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Knowledge of SAP/APO, AWR, John Galt, or other software related to demand planning is preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision-making, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels of an organization
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Finance, other 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of demand planning, forecasting, and/or supply chain in a global manufacturing or distribution environment with proven track record