To communicate and distribute warehouse safety and training policy, programs, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices
- Implement hazard control methods, procedures and programs
- Implement, administer and advise others on hazard controls and hazard control programs
- Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard controls and hazard control programs
- Identify and report new and/or potential future risks to Safety & Training Coordinator
- Conduct mandated monthly safety training to ensure proper compliance
- Responsible for conducting new hire orientation
- Responsible for maintaining training and safety records
- Responsible for conducting thirty day, sixty and ninety day evaluation for new hires
- Responsible for reporting to management for individual yearly reviews
- Identifying training and development needs by standardized reviews
- Create individual training plan based on the individual’s needs on not met criteria
- Ensuring that statutory requirements are met
- Demonstrate an attitude of support and participation in the environment of continuous improvement
- Maintain clean, orderly and safe of the work area
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BEHAVIORAL ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES:
- Good interpersonal and communication skill
- Good Attention-to-detail
- Accurately follow verbal and written instructions
- Exercise awareness and good judgment in the course of daily activities
Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met. Physical activity includes walking, standing, bending, squatting, reaching above shoulders and lifting up to 75 lbs.
Performs activities in a warehouse environment. May be subject to changes in temperature and exposure to dust and noise.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- Read and speak English
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills (e.g. PC, labeling software, MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel), RF Scanners)
- "Lead and Direct" experience
- SAP or Warehouse Management System experience